soa-blueprints message

Subject: Re: [soa-blueprints] To Proceed - Best Practices

I would be in favor of a repository of best practices that are not necessarily tied to a single blueprint but can certainly reference one or more blueprints.

On 1/24/06, Beack, Theo <Theo.Beack@softwareagusa.com> wrote:
If we decide to include best practices under the general Adoption Blueprint "umbrella", it would be helpful to understand the relationship between the blueprint and associated best practices. Immediate questions I have is whether we will create "one off" best practices related to a specific blueprint or whether we would try to make them generic enough to be used within other blueprints. If that is the case, do the best practices deserve to stand on their own and should we create a classes of best practices that can be reused within Adoption Blueprints (or even separately).

Theo

From: John Harby [mailto:jharby@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 12:38
To: soa-blueprints@lists.oasis-open.org

Possibly although I think there are loopholes within the charter that would allow us to specify best practices. Firstly, the Generico blueprint has some treatment of best practices therefore inclusion and advancement of those is included by this statement:

  • Circulate, improve, maintain and standardize the existing "Generico" blueprint to be contributed, in the form of a basic Adoption Blueprint.