soa-blueprints message

Subject: RE: [soa-blueprints] To Proceed

I find it hard to see at the level of a blueprint, what agricultural and
financial business problem statements have in common. You cannot come up
with a generalized set of semantics.

I agree that there are common problems that need addressing and you list
some of them. It would be worthwhile to pursue these. But I have trouble
seeing how this fits into our charter. According to our charter an adoption
blueprint must supply:
         a business problem statement
         a set of business requirements
         a normative set of functions to be fulfilled, on a vendor- and
specification-neutral basis.

The only way I know how to proceed under these circumstances it to decide
who we want to address our end product to and what problems they have we
want to help them with. The charter's "Anyone involved in the design,
documentation or implementation of Service Oriented Architectures (SOAs) or
components thereof." is just to general.

I think your suggestion of common problems has merit and is worth pursuing.

Michael