soa-blueprints message

Subject: F2F Thoughts

Hi everybody,

The good news is that SOA Adoption everywhere is taking off, of course
the bad news is that everyone has become completely jammed for
extracurricular activities...

I've counted up the indications in email and it seems that it's about 10
for west coast (9 if you don't include my preference) and about 7 for
east coast. I counted Ken's request for somewhere in Washington DC as
"East Coast" and Steve's "if not London, then West Coast" as West Coast.
I counted Todd's "I'm in the midwest, but I'm going to be at the SOA
Executive Forum event as a West Coast. In my view, it means that there's
about an equal number on both.

Tough to be bi-coastal, not to mention participants from points beyond.

Would probably be helpful to have some kind of F2F "kick-off", it seems
to me that SOA Executive Forum in March might be a good target. We could
also do SOA Executive Forum in May, which is in New York, thus balancing
it out a bit... So one on the West, dialing in the East coasters and one
on the East dialing in the West coasters?

Thoughts? It's a good time to be thinking about a get together as RM is
going into public phase and there's a lot of good ideas in there to help
establish a baseline...

Miko