soa-eerp message

Subject: Re: [soa-eerp] Preparation for next meeting (4/5 September 2008)text chat decided

Mary --

Thanks for your note; I'll be changing the meeting notice to indicate the use of the soaphub.org URI.

For the TC: this is a very effective text chat mechanism that also allows virtual "hand raising" to manage the queue of people to speak. The OASIS TAB has used this for some time; I'd hoped we could use it.

You connect (initially as "anonymous") then use the settings to change the name to yours. The chat can also be used to help create minutes, in addition to helping the meeting run better.

bill cox

Mary McRae wrote:
48bc5184.0906c00a.3b40.ffffbabe@mx.google.com" type="cite">
Hi Bill,

  I strongly suggest use of the webconf.soaphub.org chat rooms - Doug Davis
has graciously allowed the use of this service by all OASIS Technical
Committees and it requires no software to be installed on a user's computer.
http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/soa-eerp/.

Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: William Cox [mailto:wtcox@CoxSoftwareArchitects.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2008 10:09 PM
To: soa-eerp@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [soa-eerp] Preparation for next meeting (4/5 September 2008)

Please see the meeting notice sent to the list and posted on the
SOA-EERP TC calendar.

The teleconference setup is the same (numbers and everything) as we
used
for the first TC meeting; I'm testing the bridging early this week so
we
can get started on time.

For a text chat during the meeting, does everyone have a Skype account
(or is willing to establish one at skype.com)? I'm working with OASIS
discover what to use; Skype is not generally usable in corporate
environments in North America due to security issues.

Does anyone have other suggestions for text chat during the meeting?

We'll be beginning our work program.

We're working on the contribution of several documents for the work of
the TC.

The first work item is the vocabulary, high level model, use cases, and
requirements.  (See the TC charter at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/soa-eerp/charter.php , linked from
the TC home page, item 1(d)1).

Please read the Symposium 2008 presentations and tutorials as linked in
the TC Member page (the first five links under "External Resources") as
preparation, and be ready to discuss vocabulary and model. I hope to
have more material to send to the list before the meeting to get us
started.

Thanks!

bill cox

--