soa-eerp message

Subject: Re: [soa-eerp] Some reading material on good specifications

Thanks Bill,

This is very helpful. Please extend my thanks to the TAB.

I want to take this opportunity to explain why I have been unable to
attend many meetings recently. I have basically dedicated the rest of
summer, August, to push the OASIS Service Oriented Architecture
Reference Model Technical Committee's Reference Architecture
Subcommittee (SOA-RM-RA SC) to finish its work to the point that we can
release the Reference Architecture Foundation for Service Oriented
Architecture (SOA-RAF) for its second 60-Day Public Review.

This work is critical for almost all of the work I'm doing in OASIS, so
I am putting the entire specification into the Sparx Systems Enterprise
Architect UML Tool to ensure that it is internally consistent, and for
use in my other work.

That work will include the SOA-EERP TC once the SOA-RAF work is
concluded. I simply don't see any way I can push the SOA-RAF to
completion without doing this. After three and a half years, it is
overdue. Because it is essential, I can't let it continue to slide due
to the extent that the members of SOA-RM-RA SC are overscheduled.

So, if I want the others to devote more time to finishing this work, I
have to do so myself.

I will re-engage the SOA-EERP as soon as I can get this other work
concluded.

Respectfully,
Rex

--