soa-eerp message

Subject: Canceling meeting today/tonight; choices of next steps

I've just gotten off the phone with Szu.  Please refer to my email just
before this copied to the TC list - and don't reply or explicitly
include Robin or tc-admin on responses.

We're awaiting at least two documents so we'll schedule the next meeting
after they're available, hence canceling tonight/this morning's meeting.

To clearly state the choices (following our last discussion):

(1) to become an OASIS standard there is no interoperability requirement

(2) Statements of use are required for OASIS standard submission

[see http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#OASISstandard ]

(3) For forwarding of an OASIS standard (when approved) there are
additional requirements.

(4) The interop requirement is 1c in
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/liaison_policy.php#submitwork , in
the OASIS Liaison Policy.

So the decisions as I see them are

(a) plan whether to progress beyond Committee Specification

(b) if yes, stop at OASIS Standard?

(c) If stop at OASIS Standard, fulfill those requirements. More than the
minimum statements of use are highly beneficial in that political process.

(d) If forward to other SDOs (generally ISO, via JTC1) do the interop
and other requirements at the same time as doing the OASIS standard
(helps catch issues)

Note also that a decision to take the next step to OASIS standard or
defer that choice is perfectly reasonable; some TCs do interoperation
testing while deciding where to go, as the interop completion helps the
OASIS standards vote.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

bill