soa-rm-comment message

Subject: Services types

Dear All,

Thank You for an excellent job done on the SOA RM.

I miss however an important concept, that I refere to as service types.

Service types enables You to have a service with all its associated enteties defined as a type that can be produced by many different service providers. You can also use a service type as a standard through which a consumer can, using the same interaction, interface etc connect to many different providers without having to change the implementation of the consumer. Such standards will most likely be a very important base för future service architectures.

By searching for a service type, many instances can be discovered rather than just one instace of a service, enabling a choice of the most suitable instance based on properties defined in the service description.

Hope this helps improving the RM.

Best Regards

Per-George Jönsson

System Architect