soa-rm-editors message

Subject: RE: [soa-rm] 08 draft publicly available

As promised, I've done an extensive proof read from beginning through to
line 519.

A few comments:
- Acrobat is not a word-processor, sorry guys but it doesn't cut the mustard
for clear and detailed editing, even if I respect that Matt needs to retail
referential integrity over the version. So the document might look a bit
messy in places and difficult to read;
- There are a few sticky note comments on a small number of phrases that I
don't understand and may, thus, not be understood by a wider audience:
Frank, in particular, take a butcher's;
- Although there are still a couple of things I personally disagree with,
I've tried not to change the sense of any part, at least not intentionally
;-)
- I've completely reworded Ken's electricity utility example in 2.2.2.5:
it's such a good analogy, I've proposed a re-wording that hopefully gets it
across well: there is a sting in the tail, with the addition at the end of
the paragraph when stating that hardwiring would be a different service - I
go out on a limb by adding that "this would not be an SOA" - shoot me as
appropriate.

I will try to find time to do lines 520 to 692, but can't promise when - so
if anyone else wants a bash...and, Prasanta: get well soon...

Peter