soa-rm-editors message

Subject: RE: [soa-rm] 08 draft publicly available

Peter,

Thanks.  The edit indications have turned out exactly the way I
envisioned, and will be relatively easy to integrate.  I'm sorry that
the Acrobat experience is not to your liking, but please realize that
the whole Word experience is kind of stinky to Frank and I -- ideally we
would be doing it in FrameMaker or Docbook.

Many professional editors at various magazines, newspapers and
publishers use the Acrobat/PDF technology for review excercises like
this and they love it.

-Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter F Brown [mailto:peter@justbrown.net]
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2005 9:24 AM
To: Matt MacKenzie; Duane Nickull; 'soa-rm-editors'

As promised, I've done an extensive proof read from beginning through to
line 519.

A few comments:
- Acrobat is not a word-processor, sorry guys but it doesn't cut the
mustard for clear and detailed editing, even if I respect that Matt
needs to retail referential integrity over the version. So the document
might look a bit messy in places and difficult to read;
- There are a few sticky note comments on a small number of phrases that
I don't understand and may, thus, not be understood by a wider audience:
Frank, in particular, take a butcher's;
- Although there are still a couple of things I personally disagree
with, I've tried not to change the sense of any part, at least not
intentionally
;-)
- I've completely reworded Ken's electricity utility example in 2.2.2.5:
it's such a good analogy, I've proposed a re-wording that hopefully gets
it across well: there is a sting in the tail, with the addition at the
end of the paragraph when stating that hardwiring would be a different
service - I go out on a limb by adding that "this would not be an SOA" -
shoot me as appropriate.

I will try to find time to do lines 520 to 692, but can't promise when -
so if anyone else wants a bash...and, Prasanta: get well soon...

Peter