soa-rm-editors message

Subject: RE: [soa-rm-editors] First pass

I don't want the master document being passed around with multiple
people editing at once.  I'm fine with a copy of the document being
marked up, as long as the master is sterile and only edited by one
person at a time.

If you are assigned a whole section, the best thing to do is to request
that section from the document coordinator, edit as you please, then
send it back to be integrated.  If it was practical, the spec would have
been docbook based with 1 file / section, and we would use CVS to manage
concurrent editing.

And your assertions about PDF and reviewing are your own opinion.  PDF
pays my bar tab, respect it!

-matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter F Brown [mailto:peter@justbrown.net]
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 2:15 PM
To: Duane Nickull; Matt MacKenzie
Cc: 'soa-rm-editors'

I don't want to be the fly in the ointment but....I'm finding it
increasingly difficult and frustrating attempting to edit and comment a
pdf
file. The work Frank has done is great but I find it impossible to
incorporate and view new edits and interactively see changes that I'm
making
(based on the comments from the proof-reading cycle). This is not a
computer
program that we're debugging but a human-read text...

Can the editors please have a word-processable version of the document?
don't care if it's .doc, .txt or .sxi, just something that allows me to
work
on and see whole sentences.

Peter