soa-rm-editors message

Subject: Fwd: [soa-rm-editors] alternate description of execution context

Frank and I had some offline discussion on this and I figured I'd forward so rest of editors were current on discussion.

Ken

Begin forwarded message:

From: Francis McCabe <frankmccabe@mac.com>
Date: December 6, 2005 11:23:17 PM EST
To: Ken Laskey <klaskey@mitre.org>

We are in, as they say, violent agreement.
Frank

On Dec 6, 2005, at 7:01 PM, Ken Laskey wrote:

At 09:03 PM 12/6/2005, Francis McCabe wrote:
I agree that the EC includes the technical and business levels.
Your wording seems to imply that the EC's role is used in deciding
whether to use a service and that is what I was disagreeing with.

To establish an EC, you need to resolve things at a number of levels and one of the major factors in deciding whether to use a service is whether you can establish an EC. A complete EC is a prerequisite for service invocation.

I think the important thing is EC is that airtight, climate-controlled, shielded corridor between two vibrant entities pulsing in the vastness of cold (but not empty because there of tons of other provider and consumers life bubbles) space. The interaction is a set of fragile messengers we send back and forth through that corridor and any unresolved item (technical or business) could doom our interaction messengers.

I will see if I can reword your rewording :)

A little busy though at the moment as I am still in business process
modeling mode.

Frank

P.S. At least the list has woken up!

I also have too much to do before Vienna (including trying to prepare for the ftf) and while I enjoy considering the various perspectives, I could do without the distraction.