soa-rm-editors message

Subject: RE: [soa-rm-editors] Version 11

All:

I have not yet received a reply back from OASIS, so I am presuming that
at this time, nothing other than what is written in the Policy and
Procedure section is required.

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#3.1

3. Standards Approval Process

3.1 Approval of a Committee Draft

    The TC may at any stage during development of a specification
approve the specification as a Committee Draft. The approval of a
Committee Draft shall require a Full Majority Vote of the TC. The TC may
approve a specification, revise it, and re-approve it any number of
times as a Committee Draft.

3.2 Public Review

    Before the TC can approve its Committee Draft as a Committee
Specification the TC must conduct a public review of the work. The
decision by the TC to submit the specification for public review
requires a Full Majority Vote. The Committee Draft approved to go to
review shall be called a Public Review Draft. The public review must be
announced by the TC Administrator on the OASIS members email list and
optionally on other public mail lists; the TC Administrator shall at the
same time issue a Call For IPR Disclosure.

    Comments from non-TC Members must be collected via the TC's archived
public comment facility; comments submitted through any other means
shall not be accepted. The TC must track the comments received as well
as the disposition of each comment.

    No changes may be made to the Public Review Draft during a review.
If changes are required the specification must be withdrawn from review
then resubmitted.

    The TC may conduct any number of review cycles (i.e. approval to
send a Committee Draft to Public Review, collecting comments, making
edits to the specification, etc.). The first public review of a
specification must take place for a minimum of 60 days, and any
subsequent reviews must be held for a minimum of 15 days. Changes made
to a specification after a review must be clearly identified in any
subsequent review, and the subsequent review shall be limited in scope
to changes made in the previous review. Before starting another review
cycle the specification must be re-approved as a Committee Draft and
then approved to go to public review by the TC.

    If Substantive Changes are made to the specification after the
public review, whether as a result of public review comments or from
Member input, then the TC must conduct another review cycle. The
specification may not be considered for approval by the TC as a
Committee Specification until it has undergone a review cycle during
which it has received no comments that result in Substantive Changes to
the specification.

3.3 Approval of a Committee Specification

    After the public review of a Public Review Draft the TC may approve
the specification as a Committee Specification. The approval of a
Committee Specification shall require a Special Majority Vote. The TC
Chair shall notify the TC Administrator that the TC is ready to vote on
the approval of the specification, and provide to the TC Administrator
the location of the editable versions of the specification files. The TC
Administrator shall set up and conduct the ballot to approve the
Committee Specification.

3.4 Approval of an OASIS Standard

    Simultaneously with the approval of a Committee Specification or at
a later date, a TC may resolve by Special Majority Vote to submit the
Committee Specification to the membership of OASIS for consideration as
an OASIS Standard. Upon resolution of the TC to submit the
specification, its Chair shall submit the following items to the TC
Administrator:

       1.

          Links to the approved Committee Specification in the TC's
document repository, and any appropriate supplemental documentation for
the specification, both of which must be written using the OASIS
templates. The specification may not have been changed between its
approval as a Committee Specification and its submission to OASIS for
consideration as an OASIS Standard, except for the changes on the title
page and running footer noting the approval status and date.
       2.

          The editable version of all files that are part of the
Committee Specification;
       3.

          Certification by the TC that all schema and XML instances
included in the specification, whether by inclusion or reference,
including fragments of such, are well formed, and that all expressions
are valid;
       4.

          A clear English-language summary of the specification;
       5.

          A statement regarding the relationship of this specification
to similar work of other OASIS TCs or other standards developing
organizations;
       6.

          Certification by at least three OASIS member organizations
that they are successfully using the specification;
       7.

          The beginning and ending dates of the public review(s), a
pointer to the announcement of the public review(s), and a pointer to an
account of each of the comments/issues raised during the public review
period(s), along with its resolution;
       8.

          An account of and results of the voting to approve the
specification as a Committee Specification, including the date of the
ballot and a pointer to the ballot;
       9.

          An account of or pointer to votes and comments received in any
earlier attempts to standardize substantially the same specification,
together with the originating TC's response to each comment;
      10.

          A pointer to the publicly visible comments archive for the
originating TC;
      11.

          A pointer to any minority reports submitted by one or more
Members who did not vote in favor of approving the Committee
Specification, which report may include statements regarding why the
member voted against the specification or that the member believes that
Substantive Changes were made which have not gone through public review;
or certification by the Chair that no minority reports exist.

    The above submission must be made by the 15th of any month to the TC
Administrator, who shall have until the end of the month to complete
administrative processing and checking for completeness and correctness
of the submission. If the submission is incomplete it shall be rejected
but may be resubmitted at a later time.

    No part of the submission may be changed after being submitted to
the TC Administrator. The TC that originated the specification may
resolve by Special Majority Vote to withdraw the proposed specification
at any point after it is submitted to the TC Administrator for
administrative processing and before the start of the voting period.

    Errata or Corrigenda to a Committee Specification are not permitted
after its submission; if changes are required the Committee
Specification must be withdrawn by the TC, edited, re-approved as a
Committee Specification, then resubmitted.

    The TC Administrator shall submit the proposal to the OASIS
membership by the first day of the following month. The first 15 days of
that month shall be used by the membership to familiarize themselves
with the submission. Voting shall start on the 16th of the month. The
voting representatives of those organizational members of OASIS who were
members at the beginning of the familiarization period are eligible to
vote, and must submit their ballots by the end of the month.

    In votes upon proposed OASIS Standards, each OASIS organizational
member shall be entitled to cast one vote. Votes shall be cast via the
publicly archived electronic voting facility supplied by OASIS. Ballots
shall be publicly visible during voting and may be changed up until the
end of the voting period. The results of a vote on a proposed standard
shall be provided to the membership and to the TC no later than seven
days following the close of the voting period.

    If at the end of the voting period at least 15 percent of the voting
membership has voted to approve the proposed standard, and if no votes
have been cast to disapprove the proposed standard, it shall become an
OASIS Standard immediately following the end of the voting period.
However, if negative votes amounting to less than 15 percent of the
voting membership have been cast, the TC shall be notified of the
negative votes, after which the TC shall have 30 days to take one of the
following actions by Resolution of a Special Majority Vote: (a) request
the TC Administrator to approve the specification as submitted despite
the negative votes; (b) withdraw the submission entirely; or (c) submit
an amended specification, in which case the amended submission shall be
considered as if it were a new submission, except that information
regarding previous votes and any disposition of comments received in
previous votes shall accompany the amended submission.

    If at the end of the voting period less than 15 percent of the
voting membership has voted to approve the proposed standard, or if at
the end of the voting period 15 percent or more of the voting membership
has voted to disapprove the proposed standard, or if the originating TC
upon notification of negative votes takes no formal action within the 30
days allocated for consideration of the results, then the specification
shall not become an OASIS Standard. This shall not prevent a later
version of the same specification from being submitted again as
specified in this section.

    No changes may be made to the specification after approval as an
OASIS Standard except for the changes on the title page and running
footer noting the approval status and date.

Duane

Adobe Systems, Inc. - http://www.adobe.com
Vice Chair - UN/CEFACT  http://www.uncefact.org/
Chair - OASIS SOA Reference Model Technical Committee
Personal Blog - http://technoracle.blogspot.com/