soa-rm-editors message

Subject: RE: [soa-rm-editors] Issues against V11

Good work you two!

I've just been through the issues relating to the Glossary, only one
substantive one regarding normative effect of the definitions. I would agree
with the PD as drafted, with the following text at the start of the
Glossary:

"The glossary contains terms defined in the body of the document: these
definitions either match the main text (and are thus normative) or are
summaries thereof. In this latter case, the reader is referred to the line
number of the main text where the complete (normative) definition starts."

I disagree with the PD for Issue 415: this is not the occurrence of
"capability" containing a normative definition (see below)

My proposed dispositions for the Glossary - following the remit of the TC -
are as follows:

Line|Entry        | Proposal
----------------------------
778: Action model - Glossary good; would re-word line 490 of text to match
it;
780: Architecture - Remove the definition;
786: Awareness    - Glossary good; would add glossary phrase at start of
line 366: "Awareness is a state whereby...";
789: Behaviour Model - Glossary good; amend line 479 to start: "This is
characterized as...";
792: Capability   - Glossary text good; add at end "(see Section 2.1.)";
793: Consumer     - remove brackets from around "Service"; add at end of
line 795: "(see line 225);
797: Execution Context - Glossary text different from document body: propose
to modify both body and glossary to read "as part of an instantiated service
interaction, and thus form a path between those with needs..." etc.;
799: Framework    - Remove definition from glossary, doesn't add anything
substantive;
803: Idempotency  - Correct typo on line 804; NOT defined in body of
document, only used;
807: Information Model - Glossary OK;
809: Interaction  - Glossary good; add at end of line 810 "(see section
3.2.3.)";
812: Interface    - re-name entry "Service Interface" and add at end of line
812 "(see section 3.3.1.4.)";
814: Offer        - Glossary good; add a end "(see lines 224-7;
816: Opaqueness   - Remove from Glossary, not used in text;
820: Policy       - Glossary good; add at end of line 821 "(see section
3.3.2.)";
823: Process Model - modify Glossary entry to include "...and temporal
properties of..." appearing in body;
825: Provider     - Remove brackets from around "Service"; Glossary good;
828: Reachability - I'd still maintain that this should be "accessibility"
but I defer; add at end of Glossary definition "(see section 3.2.1.3;)";
831: Real-World Effect - Glossary good; add at end of line 832 "(see section
3.2.3.)";
834: Reference Model - replace second para of Glossary definition with
second phrase from corresponding part of section 1.1. (end of line 85 to end
of phrase on line 88);
842: Semantics    - Glossary good, but isn't defined in document body (term
in used, not defined);
845: Semantic Engagement - Glossary good; add at end of line 846 "(see lines
428-433)";
848: Service - Glossary good; add at end of line 849 "(see section 3.1.)";
851: Service Description - Glossary good;
853: SOA          - Revise glossary entry: replace first phrase (up to
"functionality" at start of line 855) with phrase from document body, lines
168-9;
859: Visibility   - In glossary definition, replace "interact with each
other" by "see each other";
862: Willingness  - Glossary good; add at end of line 862 "(see section
3.2.1.2.)";

I hope this helps!

All the best and talk tomorrow

Peter