soa-rm-editors message

Subject: Re: [soa-rm-editors] editor's draft

Frank,

Great job.  I did a quick check and here are a few things that seem
different from the action indicated in the last issues spreadsheet.

Issue 467 (and 400): I thought the resolution was "Note, it is not
possible to describe every effect from using a capability, and a
cornerstone of SOA is that we can use capabilities without needing to
know all the details."  Just having the end of the sentence loses a big
part of the message.

Issue 470: we agreed to accept and don't know whether you missed or had
a change of heart.

With this, we turn it over to our esteemed leadership to do whatever is
needed to have OASIS start the review.

Ken

On Feb 1, 2006, at 4:54 PM, Frank McCabe wrote:

> I think (!) ! have done all the changes, including fixes to the
> glossary.
>
> Some points:
>
> 1. I did not add names to the arcs. I removed the labels on one figure
> for consistency. If we decide to add the labels then that will not be
> hard to do.
>
> 2. Issue 446 Used essentially the text proposed by Ken to explain
> figure 1
>
> 3. Issue 468 SOA is a means ... is a lead-in :)
>
> 4. bolding. I tried to follow all the issue markers for bolding first
> occ. only. However, its is entirely possible I missed some.
>
> 5. added a new entry to glossary: reference architecture.
>
> 6. unnumbered issue re glossary entry for visibility. rejected.
>
> 7. unnumbered issue re glossary entry for framework. kept entry. Ok to
> delete AFAIAC
>
> 8. all other glossary amendments made as suggested (with a couple of
> v. minor tweaks)
>
> 9. action items arising from last call also completed.
>
> 10. Do not have the list of acknowledgments yet. Cannot publish
> without it.
>
> 11. Rejected suggestion to have a 'dummy' errata page. There is
> already a pointer to an errata page at start of document.
>
> <wd-soa-rm-cd1ED.pdf>
> Frank

Ken Laskey
MITRE Corporation, M/S H305     phone:  703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                        fax:        703-983-1379
McLean VA 22102-7508