soa-rm-editors message

Subject: RE: [soa-rm-editors] editor's draft

The next step is to present the document during next Wednesday's call,
then if there are no objections, we change the website page to reflect
our status and then notify OASIS that we are advancing to an OASIS
Specification.  The rest is up to them to do (sort of).

GREAT WORK!!!

Duane

*******************************
Adobe Systems, Inc. - http://www.adobe.com
Vice Chair - UN/CEFACT  http://www.uncefact.org/
Chair - OASIS SOA Reference Model Technical Committee
Personal Blog - http://technoracle.blogspot.com/
*******************************

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Laskey [mailto:klaskey@mitre.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 9:43 AM
To: Frank McCabe
Cc: soa-rm-editors

Frank,

Great job.  I did a quick check and here are a few things that seem
different from the action indicated in the last issues spreadsheet.

Issue 467 (and 400): I thought the resolution was "Note, it is not
possible to describe every effect from using a capability, and a
cornerstone of SOA is that we can use capabilities without needing to
know all the details."  Just having the end of the sentence loses a big

part of the message.

Issue 470: we agreed to accept and don't know whether you missed or had

a change of heart.

With this, we turn it over to our esteemed leadership to do whatever is

needed to have OASIS start the review.

Ken

On Feb 1, 2006, at 4:54 PM, Frank McCabe wrote:

> I think (!) ! have done all the changes, including fixes to the
> glossary.
>
> Some points:
>
> 1. I did not add names to the arcs. I removed the labels on one figure

> for consistency. If we decide to add the labels then that will not be

> hard to do.
>
> 2. Issue 446 Used essentially the text proposed by Ken to explain
> figure 1
>
> 3. Issue 468 SOA is a means ... is a lead-in :)
>
> 4. bolding. I tried to follow all the issue markers for bolding first

> occ. only. However, its is entirely possible I missed some.
>
> 5. added a new entry to glossary: reference architecture.
>
> 6. unnumbered issue re glossary entry for visibility. rejected.
>
> 7. unnumbered issue re glossary entry for framework. kept entry. Ok to

> delete AFAIAC
>
> 8. all other glossary amendments made as suggested (with a couple of
> v. minor tweaks)
>
> 9. action items arising from last call also completed.
>
> 10. Do not have the list of acknowledgments yet. Cannot publish
> without it.
>
> 11. Rejected suggestion to have a 'dummy' errata page. There is
> already a pointer to an errata page at start of document.
>
> <wd-soa-rm-cd1ED.pdf>
> Frank

Ken Laskey
MITRE Corporation, M/S H305     phone:  703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                        fax:        703-983-1379
McLean VA 22102-7508