Subject: Point of Action

It is pretty early days in the RA work. However, we have identified
at least one concept that might be considered for the RM. This should
go in section 3.2.3 (Real World Effect).

==============
Point of Action

The time and location where a capability is applied by a service
provider in reaction to an interaction between the service provider
and consumer. The point of action is often internal to the service
provider but represents the locus of the provider's response to the
consumer in actually applying its capabilities (and analogously, the
service consumer may also have points of action).

The point of action is a fulcrum for many aspects of service,
including the management of services, policy enforcement, and
achieving the real world effect.

On re-reading the RM, I realize that there were analogous concepts
associated with policies: Policy Decision Point and Policy
Enforcement Point that have been dropped (they were present in an
earlier draft).

It is a little early to be certain whether we will need these
concepts in the RA, but I am fairly confident that we will. The issue
for me is whether they also belong in the RM.

Comments?

Frank