Subject: Question of Introduction Consistency

The Introduction to the "Goals, Critical Success Factors and Requirements
starts out::

"A reference architecture is like an abstract machine. It is built to
realize some function and it, in turn, relies on a set of underlying
capabilites that must be present for it to perform. In the case of the SOA
RA, its purpose is to enable a system to be a Service Oriented
Architecture. The underlying capabilities are the particular technologies
that are used to realize the SOA; in particular technology choices such as
Web Service technologies, implementation technologies are not part of an
abstract RA. "

Are we not using the word capability here in a way that is different from
the use of the term in the RM? Here we seem to be using the word capability
to mean underlying technologies. In the RM we used the term to indicated
the underlying functionality that is exposed through the SOA.

Michael