Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] Burton Group SOA-RA

Anne has long been an OASIS member, as part of TCs such as UDDI. I am not certain as to her status now (I haven't exchanged e-mails with her in some time).

In any event, if anyone is interested in seeing the Burton Group work and they don't have a userid, let me know if you think I should ask Anne for permission to send the PDFs to our list. I realize that she may choose to not authorize this (which is her right and the right of Burton Group).

Joe

Joseph Chiusano
Associate
Booz Allen Hamilton

700 13th St. NW, Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20005
O: 202-508-6514
C: 202-251-0731

From: Jeffrey A Estefan [mailto:Jeffrey.A.Estefan@jpl.nasa.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 11:16 AM
To: soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [soa-rm-ra] Burton Group SOA-RA

Joe and the RA team,

We too our Burton Group members and during a recent hosting of FFRDC EA and CIO face-to-face meeting here at the Lab in January, Anne Thomas Manes gave an introductory briefing on SOA.  She did not go into detail about Burton's SOA-RA but rather gave a general briefing about SOA as "something you do, not something you buy or build."  Here briefing was very rudimentary so I don't think it would have value to the team to upload it and I would probably have to obtain permission to do so anyway.  The Burton SOA-RA does, however, have value and we would be wise to do due diligence on the their RA in terms of its organization and content for relevance to our work.

So do we try and get somebody like Ms. Manes to join the SOA-RM TC and hence SOA-RA SC?  (And if so, it looks like Burton would have to become an OASIS member.)  This might be a challenge given that as most analyst organizations like Burton, Gartner, Forrester, etc. charge a fee for these type of consulting services.  In fact, I don't see any of the analyst organizations I just mentioned as OASIS members.

Thoughts??

 - Jeff