Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] Burton Group SOA-RA

Ken:
I know you meant no disrespect and I was only commenting on the opportunity
or not to bring her stuff in, as a possible valuable contribution, and if
so, how...

Take care,
Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Laskey [mailto:klaskey@mitre.org]
Sent: 12 April 2006 03:13
To: peter@justbrown.net
Cc: soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org

First, let me say I meant no disrespect to Anne.  We have not met and I do
not have any reason to doubt her integrity, nor would I argue that we
shouldn't consider the extensive thought she has already given to these
matters.  But the remark was meant to be taken more generally and I see the
potential for a very real conflict of interest brewing.  I would not want to
put anyone, especially someone with an impeccable reputation, in a situation
where there can be any questions now or later.  And, unfortunately, there
are adequate examples of less well-intentioned contributors;  thus, the
great pain many organizations have and will undergo to develop patent
policies.

I believe the TC needs to consider the work of others and should, if
possible, get clarifications and evolving thoughts from those authors, but I
would be careful who was crafting the final words for the TC or how they
played in the final deliberations.

Ken