Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] Requirements for Governance

Looking at SOA service interaction governance based on
a sliding scale for security, the requirement for
Policy Guided Delivery can go from none for no
security to very complex for maximum security.  I
describe this in terms of zero, professional, and
military security.

Zero Security -  Zero Security is a computing
environment where there are no threats to the
interoperability of SOA services.  The Zero Security
environment explores the minimum SOA governance
necessary to have meaningful interoperation between
SOA services.  This could be achieved through the RA
Effectiveness requirements for Visibility,
Interaction, and Real World Effect.   In a Zero
Security environment, SOA services could be created
with meaningful interoperation without the requirement
for Policy Guided Delivery.

Professional Security - Professional Security is a
computing environment that would typically be suitable
for the business industry. Security requirements for
Professional Security would consist of the same
security requirements defined for the WSA
architecture.  Policy Guided Delivery is a requirement
for Professional Security.
http://www.w3.org/TR/ws-arch/

Military Security – Military Security is an extension
of Professional Security.  Military Security can
provide stronger security mechanisms than what would
typically be found for the business industry. Military
Security also provides a high assurance computing
environment that maintains separation of data in
transit and data at rest for information sharing
groups.  Policy governs all service interactions.
Policy also governs all information sharing between
information sharing groups.

It seems to me that the Policy Guided Delivery
requirement is written in such a way that it provides
the flexibility to have any of the above security
policy governance plans.

Danny

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/soa-rm/Goals,_Critical_Success_Factors_and_Re