Subject: Frank: Would you like to give a seminar on SOA RA at SRI-AI? Fwd: Re: [soa-forum] Second SOA forE-Government Conference - Conference Theme and Session Topics

Hi Frank, Everyone,

I am sending this out to a wide as well as a
narrow audience to cover as many recipients as I
can with the same essential message, below. I am
supporting Farrukh Najmi's suggestion of a theme
for the second SOA for E-Government Conference
October 30-31, and offering two possible
presentations for that event while suggesting
double duty for the presentation on SOA-RA which
I am asking Frank to consider giving to SRI-AI
during the week of the 9th Protégé Conference
July 23-26, and, perhaps, also at the 2nd
SOA4EGov Conference.

Frank, I will take this into a private context if
you are willing to give this seminar and don't
want to, or the SOA-RM-RA SC collectively decides
that our work is not ready to be shared or that
we don't think it is appropriate to share it at
this early stage, though we could base the
presentation on the fact that the RA is a logical
extension of the RM, in which case, we might want
to open up the presentation to whomever else we
bless for the task. This is a small session just
for the SRI-AI folks, at least at this very
preliminary stage. It was a response to a
suggestion during the meeting of the Ontolog
Forum, of which Duane is also a member, with whom
I am working, eventually, on a completely
separate SOA panel discussion later this summer.

If Frank is unavailable, I could fill in, though,
to be honest, since I am already working on the
planning committee for the Ontolog Forum day long
Workshop, I doubt I could do the kind of job of
it that I would like to see, so I would hope that
either Jeff or Duane who are, at least, on the
Left Coast out here might volunteer. You would
get a tour of the SRI AI digs and the CALO
project. However, we can't offer complementary
admittance to the Protégé Conference, early
registration for which ends June 23.

These issues and events fall together so
naturally, it seems a bit like following a
script. When things like this happen, I try to
take advantage of it.

Regards,
Rex