Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Help with UML needed (sic)

Frank,

If I understand what you've captured in text, you're UML model is not far
off.  A couple items of note:

1. Your model shows "domain" as a property of type Private State and Shared
State so there is no need to show it as a stereotype (using the guillemets).
Properties in UML can be shown as attributes or associations.  Might be a
bit confusing showing domain as two types.  We can revisit this.

2. Your text states that shared and private state are "composed of
propositions (aggregates of)" and this sounds circular.  If you mean that
shared and private state are aggregates of propositions, then you have the
diamond at the opposite ends (should be attached to Proposition class).  If
on the other hand you mean propositions are composed from shared and private
state, then you have it right.

3. You might want to add an abstract superclass of State (to be shown in
italic) with Private State and Shared State as subclasses.

4. You introduce the concepts of assertions and commitments and you said
that "state is characterized by assertions" so you might want to at least
include an Assertion class and draw an association from the abstract State
class to the Assertion class and name the association as "characterized by".
It's up to you whether you want to include a Commitment class subclassed
from Proposition.

Don't know if this helps but it's my best shot.

Cheers...

 - Jeff