Subject: Comments on the RA Introduction

I am reading through each section of the Reference
Architecture (from top to bottom) and I am posting
comments to the RA e-mail list as I go.

For the section, "What Is A Reference Architecture?"

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/soa-rm/What_Is_A_Reference_Architecture%3f

Would it be sufficient to convey the intended meaning
using the Architectural Analogy and not the Machine
Analogy?

In addition to defining the relationship of Patterns
to the reference architecture, I would also like to
express something like the following:

The SOA reference architecture (RA) provides a bridge
between the conceptualization of a SOA and the
implementation of a SOA. The SOA reference
architecture models the abstract architectural
elements for a SOA a layer above the technologies,
protocols, and products that are used in the
production of a SOA. Common abstracted elements from
several standards will also be elements in some
sections of this SOA reference architecture.

Feed back?