Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] point of action

Some comments from Frank that didn't get back to the list:

Ken:
 The POA *is* the action as it is applied.
 If the service is the glove, the POA is the iron fist:)

 Different people have different definitions of action, (try define:action in google). None of these definitions is all that satisfactory to me.
 My definition is adapted from John Sowa:

Action: the application of force by an agent on an object with the intention of achieving an effect.

 I.e., its a kind of event. The POA is a characterization of that event. (One reason I like this definition is that is includes all human actions but excludes rocks rolling down the hill hitting other rocks.)

 The service interface is the characterization of what it means to perform an action. It is not the action itself though.

 Hope that this throws a little light on the matter.
Frank

Per Danny's response, I think he caught my question well with the final line of his response below:
One question
we can ask is can we identify a point of action
meaningful to the reference architecture that would
not have a service interface?

Ken