Subject: Re: Publish-Find-Bind and Mediation

Danny,

This really depends on what we mean by an electronic registry.  For
example, I have an email folder where I collect emails on ontology
tools.  I can browse or do string searches on the contained
emails.  To what extent am I making use of an electronic
registry?  The email client does deal with electronic media but is
not marketed as a registry any more than is a pack of Post-It
notes.  On the other hand, I have created Excel spreadsheets with
similar types of information and know people who would do it in an
Access database.  At what point do these become electronic registries?

When does it matter?

Ken