Subject: [Suggestions from Duane] FW: [Page Created] RE: SOA-RM Wikipedia Entry - Copyright Issues?

Here are some additional suggestions from Duane that he originally posed to Carol, Ken, and me - we thought it best to send to the TC for their feedback.

Joe

Joseph Chiusano
Associate
Booz Allen Hamilton

700 13th St. NW, Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20005
O: 202-508-6514
C: 202-251-0731

From: Duane Nickull [mailto:dnickull@adobe.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 2:40 PM
To: Chiusano Joseph; Carol Geyer; Ken Laskey

Suggested changes:

The <!--Add link-->OASIS Reference Model for Service Oriented Architecture
(SOA) ­ hereafter referred to as ³the SOA-RM Specification²<!--change to capital "S" for Specification which is normal convention for specific
references--> ­ is a product of the OASIS SOA Reference Model (SOA-RM)
Technical Committee <!-- capital T and C--> (TC). Prior to this initiative, no standard definition of SOA had existed. The SOA-RM TC was chartered in February 2005 <!-- wasn't May 2005???-->to develop a core <!-- we should capitalize the words "Reference Model" and link to the Wikipedia page at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reference_Model and make a reciprocal link back to our page from that one --> reference model to guide and foster the creation of specific service-oriented architectures, and to publish a reference model for SOA <!--Delete this parenthesis-->(hereafter known as ³the Reference Model²) as well as one or more reference architectures based on the Reference Model. The TC¹s home page, which includes a link to the latest SOA-RM specification and a list of TC participants, can be found at [1]. The SOA-RM specification is currently an OASIS Committee
Specification.<!-- use wiki convention to make into an actual link-->

We also might want to add a section for SOA's that are public and claim to conform to the SOA RM??  Comments??

More later....

Duane

On 9/20/06 3:24 PM, "Chiusano Joseph" <chiusano_joseph@bah.com> wrote:

> Carol,
>
> We decided to go ahead and create the page - thanks again for your
> efforts. We're using this created page as a starting point for the TC
> to review and provide comments on.
>
> All,
>
> Here is the link to the page:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OASIS_SOA_Reference_Model_%28SOA-RM%29
>
> Hopefully it will still be valid by the time you read this e-mail -
> I'm going to give it until overnight before sending to the TC (any
> revocation by Wikipedia should happen by then).
>
> Joe
>
> Joseph Chiusano
> Associate
> Booz Allen Hamilton
>
> 700 13th St. NW, Suite 1100
> Washington, DC 20005
> O: 202-508-6514
> C: 202-251-0731
> Visit us online@ http://www.boozallen.com

Sr. Technical Evangelist - Adobe Systems, Inc.       *
Chair - OASIS SOA Reference Model Technical Committee*
Blog: http://technoracle.blogspot.com                *