Subject: Policies and Contracts

<original>
(Do we introduce the term proposition in place of assertion?)
</original>
<comment>
No. Proposition wasn't in the RM.
</comment>

<original>
policies tend to be permission oriented and contracts tend to be obligation oriented.
</original>
<comment>
I can have policies that detail requested obligations, e.g. I will only share a house with nonsmokers.
</comment>

<original>
For example, the policy standards for XACML and WS-Policy both contain policy language models, however, each policy language model provides a different approach to the policy language definition.
</original>
<comment>
Also need to understand and process semantics of domain information in policy.  Knowing something is a constraint is only the first step in deciding if the constraint is met.
</comment>

MITRE Corporation, M/S H305     phone:  703-983-7934

7515 Colshire Drive                        fax:        703-983-1379

McLean VA 22102-7508

smime.p7s