Subject: White Paper by Miko Matsumura (Webmethods/Infravio) on SOA Governance...

Miko Matsumura (former VP of Infravio, recently acquired by Webmethods), has an interesting paper on SOA Governance. The first section is on SOA Adoption and Governance and the second on how their product implements it. The first section is definitely worth a read.

I would normally attach the PDF, but the paper has the following caveat of "No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted, in any form or by any means, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without prior written consent of Infravio, Inc.”, so I’ll just point you to where you can find it.

http://www.infravio.com/resource_center/ - Look for “The Definitive Guide to SOA Governance and Lifecycle Management aka "Monsoon"”.

Some things to keep in mind. He is talking in the paper about the SOA Lifecycle and NOT the Service Lifecycle. He also uses the OASIS RM for his definition of SOA (a good thing!) and also relates Governance as a federated model analogous to the Gov’t which is something that we have discussed as well.

Regards,

- Anil

:-
:- Anil John