Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Fw: Commercial/Real-world Semantic Web Services?

So we can certainly not agree on everything and we get nowhere if we
agree on nothing.

The challenge then is
(1) to identify what is likely a productive domain in which to work
towards agreement and
(2) to understand how to leverage this base to work together where
differences persist.

Aim at too low a level and you will have endless bickering; aim too
high and you are left with too many holes.

So on the semantics front, what if we agreed on the way to represent
our semantics, including a way to identify common semantics we are
using, and then agree on a way to translate across semantic
differences?  If not a complete solution for all cases, is there at
least a sweet spot somewhere in there?

Ken (who works in the Information Semantics group)

On Oct 10, 2006, at 10:43 AM, Jeffrey A. Estefan wrote:

> Team,
>
> Passing this along as an FYI since we're about to embark on the
> Service Description model.
>
> - J
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Xuan Shi" <Xuan.Shi@mail.wvu.edu>

Ken Laskey
MITRE Corporation, M/S H305     phone:  703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                        fax:        703-983-1379