Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Service Interaction Models (focusing on message exchange)

Hi Jeff,

I'll toss out some comments to kick off a discussion
about the service interaction view.  Thanks for
sending out the diagrams!

The Dynamic Interaction  Model shows the consumer
interacting with a Policy Enforcement Point (PEP) and
then the PEP sends a message to the Provider Agent.
This seems to imply the PEP has its own rules engine
(similar to the way the Policy Decision Point is
commonly implemented) and is external to the provider
service.  I've seen the PEP modeled this way on other
projects.  I tend to think of the PEP as being
integrated into the business logic of the provider
service (or orchestration/composition thereof).  Other
thoughts on this?

Danny

--- "Jeffrey A. Estefan"