Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] How can non-OASIS folks engage with the SOA-RA subcommittee?

Understood. Very much appreciate the clarification.

So, just to close this out:

1) The only official way to get input into SOA-RA work is by joining
OASIS
2) Contributions to OASIS must abide by OASIS IPR policies relevant to
the SOA-RM.
3) The only time external folks can provide input and contribute to the
OASIS work is when official drafts are made available for public review.
4) There does not exist a mechanism at OASIS to solicit input on work in
progress, except at the draft stages as noted in (3)

I will make sure that I pass on the opportunity to provide input during
the published draft stages to folks who have pinged me.

Regards,

- Anil

-----Original Message-----
From: Duane Nickull [mailto:dnickull@adobe.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 2:32 PM
To: John, Anil; Francis McCabe
Cc: soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] How can non-OASIS folks engage with the SOA-RA
subcommittee?

There are strict rules for this that must be abided by.  Anyone
contributing to the work must agree with the OASIS IPR policies that are
relevant to this group.  They are on the main page.

Duane

On 1/9/07 8:27 AM, "John, Anil" <Anil.John@jhuapl.edu> wrote:

> Frank,
>
> Fully agree with (1).
>
> As to (2), do we have to wait until the content is in draft status
> before non-OASIS folks can comment? My assumption is that the publicly

> accessible wiki is not considered draft but simply work in progress,
> correct? As such if we are not going to not accept input on the work
> in progress documented on it, would it not make sense to make it NOT
> accessible to the public?
>
> Or can we at least make sure that we accept input on an ongoing basis,

> with the caveat that it is up to the committee as to whether or not it

> will be incorporated into the ongoing work?
>
> Regards,
>
> - Anil

Sr. Technical Evangelist - Adobe Systems, Inc.           *
Chair - OASIS SOA Reference Model Technical Committee    *
Blog: http://technoracle.blogspot.com                    *
Music: http://www.mix2r.com/audio/by/artist/duane_nickull*