Subject: [SPAM] Re: [soa-rm-ra] definition of SLA

The following link is one description:

http://www.sla-zone.co.uk/index.htm

It lists the following pieces to the SLA:

Definition of Services
Problem Management
Performance Management
Customer Duties and Responsibilities
Warranties and Remedies
   Service quality
   Indemnities
   Third party claims
   Remedies for breaches
   Exclusions
   Force majeure
Security
   Information Security Policies
   Security Audit and Internal Audit
Disaster Recovery
Termination

Several parts of the SLA can translate into policies
and configurables for services and devices.  The
policies created from the SLA can result in automated
run time adjustments to services and devices to meet
the requirements in the SLA.  A failure in ability to
meet the SLA in the SOA results in an elevation of the
problem which might have legal ramifications.

In terms of the service description, we could state
that Interactions Policies and Contracts can contain
an aggregation of one or more SLAs.  We could then
extend the SLA to include the above types of
information in a separate diagram.

Danny

--- Ken Laskey <klaskey@mitre.org> wrote:

> This will probably need to be tackled at some point
> and I have the
> question biting me now.  Is there an accepted
> definition of a service
> level agreement?  How would we define it?  For what
> purposes is it
> used?  When should someone care?
>
> Answer these and I have more questions?
>
> Ken

> Ken Laskey
> MITRE Corporation, M/S H305     phone:  703-983-7934
> 7515 Colshire Drive                        fax:
>   703-983-1379
> McLean VA 22102-7508

The fish are biting.