Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] definition of SLA

I’m checking our ITIL and support guys around what they use as the definition of SLA.  I had an IEEE paper published in 2005 called “Toward an acceptable definition of service” that talked a bit around SLA and policy. (http://doi..ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/MS.2005.80)

Steve

From: Ken Laskey [mailto:klaskey@mitre.org]
Sent: 23 January 2007 03:41
To: soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [soa-rm-ra] definition of SLA

This will probably need to be tackled at some point and I have the question biting me now.  Is there an accepted definition of a service level agreement?  How would we define it?  For what purposes is it used?  When should someone care?

Answer these and I have more questions?

MITRE Corporation, M/S H305     phone:  703-983-7934

7515 Colshire Drive                        fax:        703-983-1379