Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Execution Context - a few thoughts

Putting arms around the run-time aspects needed to support interaction is quite understandable placeholder. Also *have* a SOA in this case means the definition of the arms, doesnt it?

However the  original EC idea to be unpacked means that arms were not just a placeholder.

I guess my interpretation of EC as a composition of Policies is not enough though it is nothing more than a little detail added to the Jeffs interpretation (the PEP and PDP are not more than certain architectural infrastructural elements of Policy execution and do not constitute a business contexts for the service). Modified diagram may be found at http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/soa-rm-ra/download.php/22576/ExecutionContextDiagram-extended.jpg

So, the messaging between consumer and provider as well as the service discovery ought to define the service execution context

- Michael