Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] quick thought on versioning and description

Title: Re: [soa-rm-ra] quick thought on versioning and description
I would say yes.  While the myth of late binding has sort of been debunked, there are certain situations where auditable events updating a services description could be subscribed to by consumers and changes could automatically happen.  Such instances would probably be limited to minor technical reconfigurations rather than wholesale changes in data models, yet we should definitely consider it a core function.  Many people whining about service management talk about this but there is no clear convention on  major version/minor version upgrade or what scheme would be used to denote such.