Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] updated service description

On Feb 25, 2007, at 4:16 PM, Duane Nickull wrote:

Some nits:

Can the Description Class be both aggregated and composed out of other classes?

Some of the classes shown as composition should more appropriately be shown as attributes.

Does the Attribute class really exist without the Description Class?

The Attribute structure can exist and be used independent of the Description class but certainly the Attribute class as applied to Description does not exist without the Description class.

Is the attribute class an empty set class?  It is written so it could be but I don’t think this is true.

I wasn't sure how ro represent "must have one of the set where each individual is optional".

Is value set source what you want as the class?  Isn’t it the value, which is derived from a value set source (enumeration??)?

The Value Set Source could be expressed as an enumeration but it could also reference (a passage in) a document that specifies how to assign the value.

Might want to clean it up and apply consistent conventions (Upper Camel Case for class names?)

I am displaying a passing knowledge of UML without often having started with a blank canvas.  Anyone with greater knowledge should feel free to suggest clean-up.

Duane