Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Re: [soa-rm] Open SOA Group to Submit Specs to OASIS

So, just for completeness, is Siemens or Siebel the alphabetical entry after SAP?

On Mar 29, 2007, at 5:16 PM, Robin Cover wrote:

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, Ken Laskey wrote:

This has been on my reading pile but I haven't gotten to it.  Is
someone familiar enough with this work to give us an unbiased summary?

Also, the eWeek article says 18 companies and promptly lists 17.  I
was wondering who was missing.  The IBM Web site (http://
www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/specification/ws-sca/), last
update 01 Nov 2006 doesn't include Siemens or Xcalia but does include
Siebel.  The real basis for my attention here is that Microsoft is
nowhere to be seen.

I concluded, from sheer quesswork, that #18 is Zend:

(lots of references in that news story)

The OSOA Collaboration represented by "eighteen leading technology
vendors" announced that key Service Component Architecture (SCA) and
Service Data Objects (SDO) specifications have completed incubation and
will be submitted to OASIS and the Java Community Process for advancement
through formal standardization processes. The vendors include BEA Systems,
Cape Clear, IBM Corporation, Interface21, IONA, Oracle, Primeton
Technologies, Progress Software, Red Hat, Rogue Wave Software, SAP AG,
Siemens AG, Software AG, Sun Microsystems, Sybase, TIBCO Software, Xcalia,
and Zend.

If anyone has different information, please send me notice so that
I can make a correction.

Thanks

Robin Cover
OASIS, Chief Information Architect
Editor, Cover Pages and XML Daily Newslink

Ken