Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] Draft for release

The arrow is supposed to go both ways between policy
and contract. However, when making both ends of an
association navigable in MagicDraw it represents the
association with a line notation many people wouldn't
understand.

We've had extensive debates about contract and policy
associations and the people that have weighed in are
split down the middle.

If we state in the RA that a policy can not reference
a contract then we would not be able to handle the
scenario where a policy may be used to prioritize
certain types of contracts.

Danny

--- "Poulin, Michael" <Michael.Poulin@uk.fid-intl.com>
wrote:

> Before the meeting today, I would like to mention
> that Figure  4-17  in
> 4.4.1 Policy and Contract Relationships is a little
> ambiguous. In particular
> the relationship between the Contract and Policy
> called "may reference" has
> to have a direction.
>
> I believe that the direction should go from the
> Contract to the Policy only.
> In opposite case, when a Policy "references" a
> Contract, one can get into
> troubles because a Contract - an agreement between
> two - may be exposed to
> the 3rd Party as a mandatory Policy, which may be
> seen as a security beach.
> So, a Contract can refer to a Policy and other
> Contracts ( which also not
> shown in the diagram), while the Policy can refer
> other Policies only.
>
> Cheers,
> - Michael
>

>   _____