Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] UML Class vs. UML Component

Michael,

We use several UML diagram types in the Reference Architecture, including
component diagrams, sequence diagrams, composite structure diagrams, and
communication diagrams; all of these in addition to class diagrams.  The
class diagrams are primarily used for conceptual models.

We have already updated the table (Table 1, in Section 1.7)  to reflect use
of the other UML diagram types that I mentioned, particularly in the
Realizing a SOA viewpoint.  You should see these updates in the forthcoming
second working draft release.

We are still a couple of weeks away from releasing the second working draft
because the team is still in the process of dispositioning the issues
captured for the first working draft.  As soon as we finish this exercise,
you and the rest of the subcommittee as well as the technical committee at
large will see a notice from Frank.

Cheers...

 - Jeff E., JPL