Subject: Comments on the nature of governance

I think that the governance section needs to be more architectural in
nature.

I suggest the folowing outline:

1. A short intro on what governance is:
    What is governance, what are the issues, who are the stakeholders.
    Why is it important?
    What is the relationship to management
    How multi-ownership domains affects those pieces and maybe puts
natural limits on authority

2. What are the key pieces that need to be put into place:
    Structure of explicit rules/constitution, the idea of there being
organs of control. What are the levers of those organs (policies,
roles, powers, authorities and responsibilities)
    Measurement infrastructure analytics, policy violations, policy
conflicts
    Enforcement infrastructure: policy enforcement points, meta-policies
    The inputs to the organs of control: decisions about Standards
and other regulatory influences, conflicts between participants.
    What kind of cross-organizational entities are important in the
context of a multi-domain SOA-based system. What kind of entities
exist within an organization.

3. More elaboration on the relationship to management as one of
enforcement (and hence implementation of governance) This is where
material on policies and contracts as descriptions of governance
intentions could link things together nicely.

4. The specific features of the relationship between regulatory
authorities and any governance structure. Something that draws out
the links between internal authority within the realm and external
authority. (e.g., I have to ask you to follow these processes because
of my obligations under SOX).

Also, we need to base the model on a diagram. This was my diagram:

PNG image