Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] Groups - Paper on Governance (07-08-00022.000.doc) uploaded

Hi:

I understand and agree.  I will be working on it early next week.

Bob

From: Ken Laskey [mailto:klaskey@mitre.org]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 11:22 AM
To: Ellinger, Robert
Cc: soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org

Again, we need to be more architectural but it would be useful to show how the architecture supports the supplier, subcontractor, teaming partner, and fully owned groups. However, we still haven't converged on the important model components and interactions, although we are no worse than most of the discussions I've seen.

Also just saw the following

WS-GOV
Web Services Governance

Service-oriented architectures provide an environment where multiple organizations can integrate their capabilities via their underlying web services. However, the openness of these collaborative, enterprise environments may pose challenges to the management of the multi-organization system. It is likely that organizations and individuals alike may introduce new web services and protocols that may be inconsistent with system-wide performance, security, and culture. Such introductions to the environment may significantly impact the IT systems of multiple organizations interacting within the SOA.

The 2007 International Workshop on Adaptive Web Service Governance (WS-Gov'07) seeks to bring together a forum researchers and industry engineers to discuss these issues related to web service management. As such, the organizers welcome unpublished papers that discuss research, applications, and experiences within this area. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

  • Automated, Semi-automated, and Adaptive approaches to web service management
  • Discovery of "rogue" web services
  • Enterprise monitoring for service management
  • Monitoring/Dashboard approaches for service governance
  • Collaboration policies for effective service management
  • Automated, Semi-automated approaches for service-oriented policy enforcement
Submissions

Authors should submit electronically a full paper (PDF file only) limited to 8 pages in IEEE Proceedings format to blakeb [AT] cs.georgetown.edu. At least one author is required to register and attend the workshop to present the paper. The contact author should be footnoted with full contact information.

Workshop Timeline

July 7, 2007:
Workshop Paper Submissions Due
August 11, 2007:
Decision & Notification
August 20, 2007:
Deadline for camera-ready versions
October 15, 2007:
Workshop Program @ EDOC-07

Workshop Chairs:

M. Brian Blake, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Georgetown University
blakeb [AT] cs.georgetown.edu

Doug Troester
Principal Engineer
The MITRE Corporation

Frank Petroski
Director, Network and Distributed Systems
The MITRE Corporation

Program Committee:

Paul Buhler, College of Charleston
Kit Lueder, The MITRE Corporation
Piyush Maheshwari, IBM
Janet Manu, The MITRE Corporation
Gary Seamans, The MITRE Corporation
George Wiechert, Profactor

Conference is part of EDOC in Annapolis, Maryland on 16 October. If we have a solid governance model by then, I would try to see if we can somehow get it some visibility.

Ken