Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] UML model for Governance

Don:

Looking good.  Comments:

On the top, I d not think the aspect of shared repository is important (well
in reality it is).  For this level of abstract, you can probably scratch the
repository (leave the implementation details up to the coders) and just note
that the external influences are accounted for internally.

I am unsure of the two parallel lines at the bottom (each leading to IT and
Local SOA System with a "create" relationship.  Why not use one line?

Same notes for the repository in the lower section.  The physical storing
isn't as important to capture as the relationships.  We don't want to
introduce any unnecessary constraints for implementers here.

Duane

On 8/27/07 11:48 AM, "Don Flinn" <flinn@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Frank suggested that I use UML diagrams for Governance.  To that end
> I've attached three diagrams, which need more work; a base UML model and
> two activity diagrams for each of constraints and responsibilities.
>
> Note that I am nowhere near being a UML expert, so forgive and correct
> my UML errors.  I used Visio to create these diagrams, which was quite
> tedious and error prone.  Frank also suggested that I look at magicdraw,
> which I will do.
>
> Don

"Speaking only for myself"
Blog - http://technoracle.blogspot.com