Subject: Updated UML Governance Diagram

Hi All

Thanks for your comments on my diagrams.  Attached is a new diagram,
which I hope captures your comments.   It does look cleaner.

I've removed the repository as I agree it is an implementation issue.
Removed the two parallel line at the bottom.  My intent was to make
clear that both the local SOA teams and the IT management contributed to
the policies.  Hopefully, that is still clear in the new figure.

I changed the name of IT to technical management.  I believe that there
are three architecturally important entities in the corporation:
1) Corporate management (CEO, Sr. VPs, etc) who interface with the
external world.  Their governance interests extend beyond the technical
sphere, which is our interest.
2) Technical management (CIO, CTO, Technical Department heads) whose
governance interests lay in the technical sphere, but lay beyond SOA alone.
3) SOA management whose governance interests are within the SOA sphere.

Each of these have different responsibilities towards and impose
different constraints on the other levels.

Additionally, I don't like using the word corporation since government
agencies have a strong interest in SOA and it doesn't seem to capture
them.  Enterprise is probably not a good term either.  Suggestions?

Don

--
Don Flinn
President