Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] governance musings over the weekend

On the diagram:

The name Management Body could be shortened to
Management and the name Metrics Collection could be
shortened to Metrics.  The longer versions of the
names do not add additional meaning for me.

>Assumptions
>- You cannot govern what does not
>  agree to be governed

Ideally the participants agree to the policy of a
governance domain but in many cases they may not.  I
see the ability to govern coming from having the
resources to enforce governance rules, not because of
agreement of the participants.

In the course of doing global business in a SOA
ecosystem, a company may interact with 20 or so
governance domains in a day.  It is doubtful the
company will agree with all the policies for each
governance domain or even be aware of all the policies
in each governance domain.  Some businesses may rely
on the enforcement mechanisms within the governance
domain to let them know if a policy is being violated.

Danny