Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] service execution context

Michael,

You nailed it all the way!

Both technical (e.g. what are the communications protocols) and business (e.g. if I ask for a value and there is a US and a separate UK way of calculating the value, which one is chosen) aspects go into the execution context.  At one point in the RA write-up, I started thinking of its relationship to the log of an interaction and had some thoughts of the log as a capture of the execution context.  There may be several decision points that go into sustaining an interaction, but if the same interaction is required later, you could want to make sure you execute the same conclusions and not re-ask the questions that might lead to different answers.

I have a very intuitive feel for the execution context (one I know Frank doesn't share ;-) ) so I welcome questions that help clarify it and find its right place in the RA.

Ken