Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] Questions on action model

Title: RE: [soa-rm-ra] Questions on action model

Danny,
I take your comments as an agreement that a service descriptor has to be business domain specific and the same service may be described differently in different registry/repositories. Plus, this actually outlines that the definition of the service execution context has to be a part of the service descriptor.

- Michael

Important: Fidelity Investments International (Reg. No.1448245), Fidelity Investment Services Limited (Reg. No. 2016555), Fidelity Pensions Management (Reg. No. 2015142) and Financial Administration Services Limited (Reg. No. 1629709, a Fidelity Group company) are all registered in England and Wales, are authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Services Authority and have their registered offices at Oakhill House, 130 Tonbridge Road, Hildenborough, Tonbridge, Kent TN11 9DZ. Tel 01732 361144. Fidelity only gives information on products and does not give investment advice to private clients based on individual circumstances. Any comments or statements made are not necessarily those of Fidelity. The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. All e-mails sent from or to Fidelity may be subject to our monitoring procedures. Direct link to Fidelity's website - http://www.fidelity-international.com/world/index.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Danny Thornton [mailto:danny_thornton2@yahoo.com]
Sent: 15 October 2007 21:45
To: Poulin, Michael; Duane Nickull
Cc: soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org

Michael,

The question to ask is what parts of the service
description could be described in different ways in
different domains or contexts?  For example, a
provider may provide a service for a business domain
and a scientific domain.  The provider could describe
functionality different and have different contracts
associated with each domain.  Both domains could be
served by different registry/repositories.  The number
of counter examples for dictating one service
description per service are infinite.

Danny

--- "Poulin, Michael" <Michael.Poulin@uk.fid-intl.com>

=== message truncated ===