Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] multiple descriptions [was: [soa-rm-ra] Questions on action model]

Ken & Michael
  Is a description of a service that was *not* originated by the
*owner* of the service not still a description of the service?
  This might be thought of as a corner case, but in fact is far from
that. It is not always the case that the owner of a service is the
stronger partner: the consumer may be; the classic example of which
is *Mart where the buyer in the supply chain dictates: you *shall*
offer a service whose description is ...

  Similarly, the manageability description of a service may have
nothing to say to consumers of the service; but is also a description
of the service.

  Once you open your mind, it is easy to see lots of potential
examples here.

  On the other hand, it may be a good idea to borrow from DNS the
idea of the *authoritative* description; but that authority would
have to be qualified: "this description is authoritative for the
purposes of using a service" (or whatever)

Frank