Subject: RE: multiple descriptions [was: [soa-rm-ra] Questions on action m odel]

Agree
- Michael

From: Ken Laskey [mailto:klaskey@mitre.org]
Sent: 17 October 2007 14:05
To: Poulin, Michael
Cc: soa-rm-ra

A couple clarifications:

- I expect a single description for a single item in a single domain and the content of that description will evolve over time to meet the changing needs of the domain (and where I'll scrupulously avoid defining "domain").

- Descriptions to "leverage ... each other" has several aspects.  For a single service description, I will likely link to descriptions of other things, such as policies, that have been independently developed but which I want to apply.  For a single resource, there may be overlapping descriptions in different domains that emphasize important characteristics for the individual domain, but it may be useful for one description to point to its "siblings" as a potential source of additional information.

- As for "too much information", having focused descriptions that can indicate where additional information may reside could be helpful because the consumer wouldn't be stuck with every possible detail but would have suggestions of where to look if more was needed.

I don't think we have any fundamental disagreements but we have surfaced several angles that I hope we remember to include as appropriate in the final write-up.

Ken