Subject: Updated Visual Model for Service Description

Ken,

I've created a component diagram for the Service Description artifact.  This is a candidate visual model to replace the class diagram in the Service Description section that you are updating.  It's not perfect, but it's a pretty good start.  I think it's more appropriate to show the Service Description as an artifact that is made up of (or links to) a number of supporting artifacts that capture the meta level aspects of SOA-based systems, particularly, for the Reference Architecture.

Here's a direct link to a PNG copy of the visual model on our Kavi collection at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/soa-rm-ra/download.php/25982/Service_Description_Model.png

I've added a couple of notes to the visual model.  These are intended to be our working notes and ultimately should be removed from the final version of the visual model.

Cheers...

 - Jeff E.