Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] what is a generalized SOA RA?

Sorry Ken,

I still disagree with the opening sentences of your proposed 1.x subsection and suggest you drop them completely.  I would rather not refer back to the RM definition of a reference architecture since we include a good definition in the 1.1 section "What is a Reference Architecture."  Nor do we need to refer to the TOGAF.  That was just for you edification on differentiating architecture patterns from design patterns.

If you want to add a new subsection 1.x  focusing on, as you call it, "What is this Reference Architecture" with the emphasis on THIS, then start with you your introduction of the requirements (or, assuming we can get SC agreement, principles) and go from there.  No need to re-define the term reference architecture again (using a different set of meanings) than what is provided in the previous subjection 1.1 What is a Reference Architecture.

Sorry I missed you guys on the call today.  Will catch up with yawl next week!

 - Jeff